QUESTIONS WHICH YOU MAY BE ASKED
• Tell me about yourself? ( I hate this question. Ask a follow
up question “what area would you like to know more about – education, career, accomplishments or interests, etc?)
• Why should we hire you?
• What skills do you think are necessary for success in this
• As a supervisor or manager, what area do you find most
• Why are you looking to make a change? You will be asked
this question about your most current two or three
positions. Need for challenge, greater opportunity, etc are
so stereotyped and must be supported by very specific
details. This question must also be answered simply in no
more than two sentences. It is a good idea to practice
these answers aloud until you are satisfied that they “flow”
and express your feelings accurately. This is a “knock-out
• In your last three positions, can you identify three
accomplishments for each position? How did you complete
• How do you handle deadlines or pressure?
• Why do you want to work for our company?
• What did you not like in your last/current position?